Monday, December 7, 2015

Field Blog-Final Blog

Overall I have really enjoyed my field experience. It has given me the opportunity to go visit schools that I would probably not see otherwise.  While I enjoyed visiting the high school and middle school, I definitely believe that I belong in a classroom teaching younger children.  I enjoyed going into a high school and observing a teacher rather than being a student in the class.  It allowed me to see how teachers teach older students.  While at Shaker Heights High School I was able to see how the two teachers I observed truly tried to form a connection with all of their students.  This also held true at Mayfield Middle School.  While I enjoyed my experience at Mayfield, I don’t believe that I would want to teach middle school.  Gearity Elementary School and St. Joseph School definitely furthered my decision to teach early childhood.  Gearity Elementary School allowed me to see how a teacher handles teaching children as young as three years old.  While there was a big emphasize on play everything in the classroom also had some aspect of learning to it.  I truly enjoyed going back to St. Joseph School.  It was very interesting being able to observe a teacher that had been my teacher before.  St. Joe’s allowed me to see what a third grade classroom was like.  Like at Gearity all of the children were so full of energy and it gave the classroom an exciting feel where children would want to learn.  I enjoyed being able to visit classrooms of all ages, but these experiences have confirmed my decision to teach early childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment